There are few trends that survive through the decades and still seem revitalized with new contributions, and Pokémon is one of those special exceptions. Almost 20 years after its initial release for the old Game Boy system, Nintendo has taken the decision to export its creation to other platforms, but not for the main Pokémon installment. Pokemon TCG is the Nintendo approach to Trading Cards Games using one of its massively well-known franchises. The title is free to download on Windows, Mac OSX and iPad.
The first thing you must know is that it is not an RPG about Pokémon and it was never meant to be that way. Essentially, Pokemon TCG has taken the influence of Hearthstone for creating the popular card Pokémon game into a mobile app for iPad, and the result is rather good.
Pokemon TCG is the Nintendo approach to Trading Cards Games using one of its massively known franchises.
The technical aspect is really simple; bearing in mind that graphics are not the main attractive point for these kinds of games. In any case, the aspect is clean, focusing just on the important parts of the board. Once you have the basics of how to play Pokémon TCG the user interface is intuitive.
The player will find a customizable deck, combining Pokémons from different generations at the same time. The turn-based gameplay features the basics of card-playing games divided by different phases. There are different kinds of cards available, Pokémon creatures, items or support cards and energy. Summoning a basic creature won’t cost you any energy, but you will need to attach this kind of card in order to attack the enemies since the different abilities have a marked cost.
Evolution is important since it will boost all the stats of the creature, from Health Points to the damage of the attacks. In order to evolve your Pokémon you will have to have in play the previous form of the creature, following the instructions of the evolved card. Without doing away with the fact of luck in the game, strategy will be the main part of the game, customizing balanced decks that will increase the probability of drawing the cards you need. Pokémon TCG follows the same terms about creatures’ types as the original game, featuring dark, water, fire, psychic, grass, neutral or fighter among others, each one with their own weaknesses and strong points.
As a TCG, this title is based mostly on its online competitive multiplayer mode. The matchmaking will make you play against rivals of similar ability, but you can also play against your own friends. Use your favorite creatures from all generations in this free-to-play online collectible card game for iPad and desktop computers.
Pokemon TCG 126.96.36.1994 Features
Discover the main features you will enjoy with Pokemon TCG:
- Choose your favorite type and start collecting cards according to your strategies
- Get cards from all Pokémon generations winning battles to complete the whole collection
- Hone your decks and create awesome combinations for devastating attacks
- Enjoy the online multiplayer mode and play against your friends
- Play from your iPad or from your computer sharing the same user account
- Challenge all opponents in this unique game based on the Pokémon franchise
- Get booster packs with new evolutions and use them in-game
- Optimized for iPad devices making the most of the retina display
Get more knowledge about Pokémon TCG to download by visiting the official website .
Learn about the minimum resources to run Pokémon TCG:
- Operating System: iOS7, Windows Vista, OSX 10.7 or later
- CPU: Intel Pentium D for Windows, Intel Core 2 Duo for Mac
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Size: 504MB free space on iPad, 3GB to download on computers