Dead Trigger 2 is a popular zombie hunting franchise for iOS and Android, developed by Madfinger Games. Its first installment called Dead Trigger was an instant hit, with stunning graphics and hair-raising gameplay. However, its fun-factor was defiled by the omnipresent in-app purchase resources that many people cracked, chiefly because the game was not free. The game came free in course of time for muting most complaints.
Ever increasing popularity of the first edition forced the developer to kick it up a notch, and thus Dead Trigger 2 was born. It came with a hand full of improvements in every aspect of the predecessor. As learnt from the bitter experience, it was made free from the very beginning. Continue reading to see how good it is!
Dead Trigger 2 is a first person (FP) horror game, which follows the same isolation and survival theory used by its predecessor. Objective of both games are also same - wiping out the blood-thirsty zombies wandering at different locations. But in this new edition, you won’t have to play random missions from the map as you will be directed progressively from place to place by the storyline. Still, there are optional missions on the map, which can be played for extra bucks (in-game cash).
Dead Trigger 2 possesses a number of improvements from its predecessor. It offers extended playing area, whole new gameplay styles like shooting zombies from moving vehicle or flying helicopter, non-traditional weapons such as chicken bomb (blowing up zombies using bomb strapped chickens) and wrench (useful when you run out of ammos) and lot more other improvements. Graphics quality has turned console quality.
In this new edition, you won’t have to play random missions from the map as you will be directed progressively from place to place by the storyline
Multiverse experience as in MMORPG games is a quite exaggerated claim by the developer, as you are the only one fighting against zombies. The game lacks a traditional multiplayer option also. Anyway, the developer has faded out these oddities simply by introducing a lobby thing in this new game. The lobby includes your personal medic who supplies medical aid, a gunsmith who takes care of your weapons, an engineer who develops chicken bombs, grenades, mines and other such gadgets, and finally a tech guy who is able to upgrade the skills of others in lobby.
Madfinger has replaced the traditional booster and power-up buying store with a smuggler character. His role is to supply you goods such as damage booster, health booster, money booster etc. in return to gold. This addition is not only helpful in providing social experience to the game, but also wipes out the frustration due to absence of cheats.
Dead Trigger 2 possesses a number of improvements from its predecessor
First installment of Dead Trigger was accused of having boringly repetitive gameplay locations, and therefore the developer included a bunch of whole new areas in this installment. Unlike previous game, here mini-bosses appear after gunning a threshold number of zombies down or completing a particular objective, which reduces boredom due to repetition. Bloodshed became more realistic too. Another cool feature is the auto-fire mode, which automatically fires when gunpoint is positioned near a zombie. It makes touch screen controls more intuitive. Sometimes, it creates frustration as it encounter ammo wastage.
Graphics and Audio
At their respective release times, both versions of Dead Trigger were listed in the chart of top-10 console-quality Smartphone games, by almost every leading gaming website. That is, the game is absolutely impressive. When you play this game, you will understand that we have not exaggerated anything about the game. DT2 exactly looks like a PC game.
Android version of DT2 has got two graphics quality options namely low and high. If your device sports a monstrous powerhouse under the hood, try out the high setting. Test of this setting conducted on NVDIA Tegra really blown us away. Environments had more details and shadows are better rendered. Reflections look very realistic. If yours is an entry level phone which lags in high setting, switch to low. Only some atmospheric effects and distance draw will be compromised by doing so, and the graphics will still look stunning. There are no visual settings available on iOS version, as Apple provides top notch hardware always.
It seems like Madfinger haven’t tweaked the audio much. Zombie screeches are the same on previous version. You may encounter troubles in locating zombies by voice, as the source positions of sounds are not accurate. Anyway, it’s not a problem as we have a map. Vehicle and destruction sounds (especially grenade) are awesome. The game lacks surround sound option too. Soliloquy of the fighter could have been better.
Dead Trigger 2 0.7.0 Features
The following features make the game addictive:
- 10 real world locations to choose - Travel around the globe virtually for completing the game. There are about 30 unique environments in each place.
- Wide range of weapons – choose your best zombie annihilator from an array of 35. Non-traditional melee tools like Machete, Boat motor or big hammer are available. Mount explosives on chicken for extra fun (rocket, grenade, machine-gun etc.)
- Evolving storyline – Takes you through 600 plus hair-raising scenarios
- Cutting edge gameplay – Mouth-watering vegetation textures, realistic water and enhanced ragdolls will make you dazzled all the way
- Official controller support – Dead Trigger 2 can be paired with MOGA and such MFi controllers for iPod touch and iPhone
- Better touch control – Explore the real power of finger through switchable touch control modes
- Choose your operation – Play story, side-quests or some global missions. Everyone will get rewarded with in-game currency for playing global missions
- NPCs and hideout – Reach your hideout and upgrade items using your lobby. Meet engineer, scientist, gunsmith, medic and smuggler there.
- Killers with inventive approach – Certain zombies like Vomitron, Kamikaze and bosses can trap you through intelligent moves
- Continuously Updated – Refine your Dead Trigger 2 experience frequently by updating contents. You will be notified about latest download at times
For more details, visit official website of Madfinger games – Click here!
Before jumping to the download button, make sure that your device meets minimum requirements to run it!
- Android: Requires minimum Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) firmware on your device.
- Apple: Your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad should have minimum iOS 7.0 Operating System.
- Storage space: At least 550 MB unused
- Processor: 1GHz processor.
Note: The game is expected to be working on PC using Bluestacks. There is no separate PC version of the game available.
Dead Trigger 2 is one of the top ten console quality games for Smartphones (by the date of this review). It provides hours of uncompromised fun of zombie killing, powered by stunning graphics and refined physics. Grab your favorite zombie shooter and take down all the zombies. Overall, it would be a great loss to you if you don’t download this game.